Middle East Monitor's (MEMO) Palestine Book Awards are back for the 10th year and we invite you to submit your best entries. Winning books will be chosen from a number of categories, including Academic, Translation, Creative, Memoir, Social History.
MEMO will be hosting an awards ceremony to honour and endorse the best books written in English on the subject of Palestine. The awards promote existing books on Palestine as well as encouraging new authors to write about this sensitive but important topic with the aim of drawing attention to a cause that rests at the heart of the Middle East.
Awards winners will be announced at the annual invitation-only event held in a top London hotel in November 2021 where publishers, authors, journalists, academics and politicians will share a platform. There will also be the potential for interviews, reviews and other promotional events to increase awareness and sales of the books.
We welcome all books submitted by publishers. Please review the eligibility criteria and nominate a book here.
Palestine Book Awards 2020 winners:
- Lifetime Achievement Award:
Finbarr Barry Flood (Editor)
There Where You Are Not: Selected Writings of Kamal Boullata (Hirmer Verlag, Munich)
- Creative Award:
Life in a Country Album (University Of Pittsburgh Press)
- Creative Award:
Against the Loveless World (Bloomsbury Circus)
- Academic Award:
The hundred years' war on Palestine: A History of Settler Colonialism and Resistance, 1917–2017 (Metropolitan Books/henry Holt & Company)
Our panel of Judges this year are:
- Haifa Zangana - an Iraqi novelist and author
- Dr Ibrahim Darwish - Journalist with Al-Hiwar TV
- Alan Waddams - Chairman of Medical Aid for Palestinians
- Subhi Hadidi - Literary critic and political commentator
- Victoria Brittain - Former associate foreign editor of the Guardian and author
- Nur Masalha - Member of the Centre for Palestine Studies, SOAS, University of London
- Sawad Hussain- An award-winning Arabic-English literary translator
If you have any queries, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.